Blog

PQ Book Club: A Book That Changes Lives

“Now I realize that I had, in a sense, been sleeping all those years and just dreaming I was awake—until I met Socrates, who came to be my mentor and friend. Before that time, I’d always believed that a life of quality, enjoyment, and wisdom were my human birthright and would be automatically bestowed upon

Read More
Malama I Ka ‘Aina: A Community Service Project

By Lauren Meyer – Assistant Program Supervisor This past Friday, a few of our Malama students took a break from camp to set out into the community of Na’alehu with a purpose. With a trunk full of tools, and smiles on our faces, we took off down the road to a neighbor’s house. In this house lives

Read More
Second Annual Ka’u Coffee Trail Run

On Saturday, September 19th, approximately 18 Pacific Quest employees participated in the 2nd Annual Ka’u Coffee Trail Run–The Southernmost Coffee Trail Run in the USA!  The goal of this event was to help raise money for the economically depressed community, via the non-profit organization O Ka’u Kakou.  All funds raised went to O Ka’u Kakou

Read More
Mahalo For Your Support!

BIG THANKS to all who offered support for Program Guide Miriam Gleckman’s efforts in running in the 42nd annual Honolulu Marathon this past Sunday.  Miriam’s goal was to raise $4,000 in grant money for the Sky’s The Limit Fund organization to provide more students the opportunity to attend Pacific Quest.  Sky’s The Limit Fund is

Read More
Ka’u Coffee Trail Run A Success

By Yvette Slagle, Communications Coordinator On Saturday, September 20th, 28 Pacific Quest employees participated in the Ka’u Coffee Trail Run–The Southernmost Coffee Trail Run in the USA!  The goal of this event was to help raise money for the economically depressed community, via the non-profit organization O Ka’u Kakou.  O Ka’u Kakou’s mission is to

Read More
Ka’u Coffee Trail Run

Are you up for a challenge?  Join us for the Ka’u Coffee Trail Run–The Southernmost Coffee Trail Run in the USA! Pacific Quest is proud to sponsor the first 25 employees to complete the early bird registration by July 19, 2014.  Students and staff will also be assisting at water stations along the way! This

Read More
Changing the World One Life at a Time

By Travis Slagle, Horticultural Therapy Director Changing the world is not an easy business, and for mental health providers, changing a life can be just as complicated. Many people enter the field of outdoor therapy because they want to change lives. For students at Pacific Quest, the most basic therapeutic task is to literally practice

Read More
OVER 70 ALUMNI TURNED OUT FOR GREAT CAUSE

By: Mike Sullivan, Primary Therapist & Lori Armbruster, Communications Director PQ staff members were honored and humbled by the overwhelming turnout of alumni, students and families who gathered at the San Francisco Children’s Garden in Golden Gate Park for an inspiring day of service to the community! PQ alumni spent the day working side by

Read More