Blog

Neurodevelopment and Play: More Fun than it Sounds

By: Mike Sullivan, MA, LMHC Alumni and Family Services Director If you have never heard Dr. Lorraine Freedle laugh heartily, you may not know her very well. In a recent presentation at a symposium on neurodevelopment and play, Leveraging Change Agents in the Treatment Process, an audience member commented on the comforting and authentic nature

Read More
Family Fridays: Walking the parenting path together

By: Alumni Parent I have stood in your shoes. I still wear them, although I am further up the path. My child was struggling to the point that sending him to Pacific Quest became our best choice. I had been scared, frustrated, sleepless and worried and deciding to send him so far away added a

Read More
PQ Welcomes Robert Trout to Clinical Team!

Robert Trout, MA, has joined the Pacific Quest Clinical Team as a primary therapist and brings over 17 years of experience in therapy, group facilitation, rites of passage, wilderness therapy, and experiential practices. He utilizes narrative and experiential techniques that influence people’s belief systems while working with metaphors to encourage the exploration of the self.

Read More
Successful Horticultural Therapy Training at PQ

Horticultural Therapy is one of the cornerstones of Pacific Quest’s integrative, holistic approach. Recently, over sixty Pacific Quest employees participated in an all day training in horticultural therapy. Therapists and direct care staff worked side-by-side utilizing creative interventions, combining evidence-based practices with mind-body techniques. Horticulture Therapy Training One of the main goals of this training

Read More
Pacific Quest Alumni Join Surfrider Foundation In Beach Cleanup

By Mike Sullivan, Alumni & Family Services Director Pacific Quest alumni gathered at Torrey Pines State Beach this past Saturday to reconnect and contribute to a larger effort at protecting our ocean ecosystem.  Together with volunteers from the Surfrider Foundation, we combed the beach in hunt of marine debris littering the shores and posing environmental threats.

Read More
Southern California Alumni Events – Coming Soon!

ALUMNI BEACH CLEAN UP Date: Saturday, February 13th Time: 9:00 am- 12:00 pm Location: Torrey Pines State Beach Activity: Beach cleanup hosted by Surfrider Foundation What to bring: Clothes suitable for weather This is a great opportunity to join forces in promoting healthy oceans and giving back to the community.  After all, we

Read More