Adolescent/Young Adult Programs — Big Island, Hawai'i
Pacific Quest is an outdoor therapeutic program for struggling teens and young adults, located on the Big Island of Hawaii. Pacific Quest offers a clinical, yet holistic approach to treatment, moving beyond traditional wilderness therapy and teaching sustainable life skills.
Pacific Quest's proprietary therapeutic model is a groundbreaking approach that utilizes Horticulture Therapy to create concrete metaphors for its students as they cultivate their own health and happiness.
Pacific Quest cultivates Sustainable Growth in our students, in our families, in our communities, and in ourselves.
To oversee all aspects of Program Staffing and Programming, ensuring safe and quality programming at all times. Act as liaison with employees intra and interdepartmentally to ensure smooth delivery of programming. Work alongside Program Director to promote Pacific Quest Mission and Guiding Principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure program safety at all times including risk management assessment, staff development and student awareness/li>
- Oversee Field Managers in conjunction with Program Director & manage house sup and guide management (in conjunction and with field manager delegation):
- Participate in new hire process, including 2nd interviews for Guides
- Orientation, training, and development
- Maintain and upkeep Program Guide growth books
- Manage wage increases and payroll approvals
- Performance reviews
- Work with HR to ensure complete/up to date employee files at all times
- Utilize the aforementioned Management team to ensure the following:
- Maintain and ensure proper policy and procedures being followed in the field
- Update and maintain policies and procedures as well as associated training guides/manuals for Field Dept. in coordination with Program Coordinator
- Work primarily through the Field Managers and Be present in the field as needed to ensure staff effectiveness
- Systematically ensure information downloads and trainings are effective, efficient and include all necessary information
- Review roles and goals of incoming staff teams
- Track training goals
- Debrief departing program guides, identify areas of growth and future goals for development
- Debrief and ensure appropriate documentation from the previous week’s incidents
- Meet with Field departments to ensure cohesiveness, provide feedback, manage program quality control, and follow-through on tasks
- Direct collaboration with other managers to provide support and supervision of program guides
- Directing and reporting disciplinary actions as needed
- Know and support use of student curriculum
- Run Weekly Manager’s Meetings to collaborate with team members
- Flexibility with overtime hours when crisis situations mandate
- Flexibility to cover other manager / supervisor responsibilities
- Supervise tracking of student movement and ensure communication of this to relevant parties
- Ensure implement and/or updating of all safety/emergency watches; collaborating with House Supervisors, Clinical and Wellness Departments
- Manager on-call duties
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be dictated by the needs of the program or by the Program Director
- Must be eligible/qualified to drive company vehicles at any time to meet program operations
- Effective intra and interdepartmental communications and relationship / team building
- Completes tasks accurately and on-time
- Follows policies, procedures and instructions
- Treats others with respect and consideration
- Maintains well organized systems, confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Takes initiative, anticipates program needs whenever possible
- Able to manage frequent change, delays, unexpected events, and competing demands
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Good listening skills and gets clarification where needed
- Industry experience and experience working with at-risk populations
- Experience in supervision and able to work with students in crisis
- Experience with crisis prevention
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to drive manual vehicles
- Basic computer skills
- Requires ability to be a team player, to form mutually respectful relationship with staff and students to grow professionally in meeting the challenges of this position
- Able to work with a team of professionals and the ability to work independently
- Ability to pass a thorough background check, physical, tb clearance and drug screen
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a minimum 5 years relevant experience.
Work Hours and location requirements:
- This position is essentially a FT position 40 hours a week.
- However, to effectively supervise managers and direct care workers, some off schedule hours will be necessary in order to do on-site visits when the direct care workers (guides, logistics, wellness, clinical support) are working. This position also requires being On-call for after hours/weekend emergencies.
- Must be able to report to program within 1 hour when in On Call role in the case of emergency
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
Please submit resume and cover letter along with application materials to email@example.com, to fax (855) 317-6304, or mail to Pacific Quest, PO Box 540, Naalehu, HI, 96772
How to Apply
Please apply for this job using our online application system. To do so, you'll first need to create a login account and choose a password.
If necessary, you may also submit resume and cover letter along with the application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (855) 317-6304, or mail to Pacific Quest, PO Box 540, Naalehu, HI, 96772