Adolescent/Young Adult Programs — Hilo, HI
PACIFIC QUEST IS HIRING!
Pacific Quest is an outdoor therapeutic program for struggling teens and young adults, located on the Eastside of the Big Island of Hawaii. Our proprietary therapeutic model is a groundbreaking approach that utilizes Horticulture Therapy to create concrete metaphors for its students as they cultivate their own health and happiness.
Pacific Quest cultivates Sustainable Growth in our students, in our families, in our communities, and in ourselves.
We are currently recruiting for passionate and talented Program Guides. Program Guides are direct care staff who help our students transform their lives.
Guides are “professional human beings” that can role model healthy communication, hold boundaries, and teach our students how to be the best versions of themselves. We provide advanced training for our team and encourage professional growth. In addition, our Guides work hand in hand with experienced clinicians and medical staff to provide the best treatment available.
As a 24-hour care facility, we have flexible full- and part-time hours. We’re looking for folks to help facilitate our day programming and supervise them at night.
Pacific Quest provides the following:
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off and holidays for full-time employees
- Health Insurance that provides additional services such as:
- Optional prescription, dental and vision care
- Naturopathic care
- Acupuncture, chiropractic and massage complementary services
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account and supplemental Insurance options
- Applicable professional training
- Opportunities for growth
- Ability to be a team player and form mutually respectful relationships with all employees
- Ability to maintain physical alertness and activity over the course of designated work hours
- Must provide and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification. CPR certifications must be from a classroom training, and no substitutions for First Aid certs (i.e. Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder) can be accepted
- Maintain a current NVCI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) certification provided by Pacific Quest
- Ability to treat all residents, families and coworkers with dignity and respect
- Able to pass a thorough background check and drug screen
- Maintain current physical and TB clearance
- Bachelor’s degree preferable, specifically in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Farming/Agroecology, or Outdoor Education/Leadership OR a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Experience is preferred in Rites of Passage, Education, Horticultural Therapy, Health and Wellness, 12 Step Recovery, Gardening, and/or experience in Therapeutic Settings such as Wilderness Therapy or Residential Treatment Centers
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Preferred age 25 years or older
The role of a Program Guide is physically demanding; with or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, climbing stairs, walking up inclines and on uneven terrain may be required for long periods of time. Additional physical requirements may include lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job using our online application system.