Operations Manager, Full Time
Young Adult Program — Big Island, Hawai'i
Pacific Quest is an outdoor therapeutic program for struggling teens and young adults, located on the Big Island of Hawaii. Pacific Quest offers a clinical, yet holistic approach to treatment, moving beyond traditional wilderness therapy and teaching sustainable life skills.
Pacific Quest's proprietary therapeutic model is a groundbreaking approach that utilizes Horticulture Therapy to create concrete metaphors for its students as they cultivate their own health and happiness.
Pacific Quest cultivates Sustainable Growth in our students, in our families, in our communities, and in ourselves.
To develop and maintain systems of organization and management of all facility systems for assigned Pacific Quest sites. In collaboration with Directors, Operations Manager determines and prioritizes project lists, communicating to other departments the scheduling of those projects. The Manager provides guidance, support, training and development for new staff and on-going training for existing staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the supervision of the Program and Operations Director and in collaboration with other site managers and the MOC team
- Be an active member of the Manager on Call team, show up at Manager meetings with solution oriented plans for facility and logistics systems and needs and any programming matters that need to be addressed from on call shifts / responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with Office Manager and maintain facility binder tracking all work on pertinent systems, assist in determining when to outsource projects as needed, train all managers and supervisors in systems
- Ensure each facility is following and maintaining guidelines for licensure
- Supervise all Facilities employees as assigned; manage, lead and assist with projects
- Oversee and maintain responsibility for supply of Groundskeeping & General Maintenance equipment as well as all other supplies needed to effectively run the facility
- Communicate and coordinate with other managers and Program Supervisors all project and program facility needs
- Oversee facility maintenance, including repairs, tracking and ordering of building supplies and materials
- Maintain protocols and systems for the effective completion of aforementioned responsibilities
- Manage completion of all checks, maintenance, inspection and cleaning needed to maintain an on site vehicle fleet that is free of issue, keep full stock in safety bins
- Maintain and track all Facility and Grounds Equipment
- Acquisition and appropriate stocking of all materials needed for program to function smoothly at all times
- Housekeeping responsibilities as related to facilities management
- Computer entry of reports and information
- Ability to set a schedule and stick to it.
- Assist on Red Alert / Emergency situations (Flexible Schedule)
- Experience working in a crisis setting; ability to stay flexible and calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and be a cooperative problem solver when the unexpected arises
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to drive manual vehicles is desired
- Proficient in basic computer programs
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires ability to be a team player, forming mutually respectful relationships with staff and students, and to act professionally in meeting the challenges of this position
- Able to work with a team of professionals, as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and drug screen
- Annual physical and TB clearance required
- Current CPR/ First Aid Certification
- Must maintain current CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training (provided by Pacific Quest)
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and an evolving working environment; comfortable and able to function well in crisis
- Schedule flexibility
- Able to lean into challenge and give 100% while at work
Interpersonal skills; ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- This position is essentially a FT position 40 hours a week.
However, to effectively supervise managers and direct care workers, some off schedule hours will be necessary in order to do on-site visits when the direct care workers (guides, logistics, wellness, clinical support) are working. This position also requires being on-call for after hours/weekend emergencies.
- Must be able to report to program within 1 hour when in on-call role in the case of emergency
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job using our online application system. To do so, you'll first need to create a login account and choose a password.
If necessary, you may also submit resume and cover letter along with the application documents to email@example.com, fax to (855) 317-6304, or mail to Pacific Quest, PO Box 540, Naalehu, HI, 96772