Adolescent/Young Adult Programs — ,
Performs routine and manual cleaning tasks to maintain a clean environment for residents and staff in Pacific Quest facilities and vehicles. Performs duties in accordance with Pacific Quest policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Provides friendly and courteous service at all times. Cleaning tasks include but are not limited to stripping dirty linens, washing and drying, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and counters, washing windows and moving furniture. Operates cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, mops, carts, brooms, washer, dryer and other various cleaning equipment and tools. Use of various cleaning supplies and detergents.
Clean and sanitize the kitchen, cooking equipment, utensils, pans, etc. Ensure the kitchen is properly swept and mopped daily. Assist in plating and packing take-out meals. Assist in receiving incoming deliveries. Assist cook and kitchen staff with other duties if needed and assist with other tasks as assigned.
The Housekeeper maintains all cleaning supplies and equipment, maintains compliance with the regulations of the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns and understand Pacific Quest Mission and its implementation and overall program development and culture
- Meticulous cleaning, sterilizing, and restocking of designated student spaces, offices, and common areas
- Maintain compliance with a healthy, clean living environment in compliance with regulations
- Schedule and establish laundry use to work within the program schedule
- Appropriate communication with students and Pacific Quest staff
- Develop tracking systems for cleaning supplies and products and responsibility for informing the manager of ongoing needs
- Adhere to Non-Disclosure Agreement and other requirements relating to clients, Pacific Quest staff, program and Company, and all laws applicable to therapeutic living facilities
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate approachability and openness in receiving feedback
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Requires a team player who is able to form mutually respectful relationships with staff and students in order to meet the challenges of this position
- Ability to work with a team of professionals, follow direction, and be flexible in an ever-changing work environment
- Experience working in a residential or healthcare facility setting preferred
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and drug screen
- Physical and TB clearance required and must be kept current
- Adherence to Pacific Quest Core Values
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be at least 25 years old in order to meet Company auto insurance requirements
- Knowledge of practices, tools, and equipment used in janitorial work
- Able to read, write and understand oral and written instructions
- Monday-Friday, 7 am-3 pm
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, infrequent lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job using our online application system.