AD Overnight Guide – Full Time
Adolescent Program — Naalehu, Hawai'i
Pacific Quest is an outdoor therapeutic program for struggling teens and young adults, located on the Big Island of Hawaii. Pacific Quest offers a clinical, yet holistic approach to treatment, moving beyond traditional wilderness therapy and teaching sustainable life skills.
Pacific Quest's proprietary therapeutic model is a groundbreaking approach that utilizes Horticulture Therapy to create concrete metaphors for its students as they cultivate their own health and happiness.
Pacific Quest cultivates Sustainable Growth in our students, in our families, in our communities, and in ourselves.
To assist in the mission of Pacific Quest to provide individualized, sustainable, personal development within a safe, structured, experiential and natural environment in a culture of unconditional support and personal responsibility. The sole purpose of this position is student safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the supervision of the Overnight supervisor
- Take direction from Lead Guide regarding completion of additional tasks including but not limited to security walks, data entry, wellness, and housekeeping
- Complete delegated tasks in a timely, thorough, and effective manner
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude in accordance with Program policy
- Maintain client confidentiality and keep appropriate boundaries related to self-disclosure
- Driving company vehicles to conduct routine camp checks, emergency crisis situations and assist in transports as necessary
- Provide awake and alert supervision to students while in the bunkhouse including but not limited to 15-minute routines, CCTV monitoring, opening restroom doors, and attending to wellness needs
- Immediately notify Overnight Lead Guide in the event of a crisis
- Assist with and complete basic paperwork
- Manage personal needs and self-care in order to perform job at highest quality
- Participate in professional development through nightly downloads, mandatory and voluntary trainings, and scheduled performance reviews
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience working with adolescents (preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work safely while staying alert during night hours between 8:30 PM and 6:30 AM, and remain tobacco free for the duration of working hours
- Requires ability to be a team player, to form mutually respectful relationships with staff and to grow professionally in meeting the challenges of the position
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certifications. CPR certification must be from a classroom training and no substitutions for First Aid certification (i.e. Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness First Aid) can be accepted.
- Must maintain CPI-Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training (provided by Pacific Quest)
- Ability to occasionally participate in and complete trainings during daytime hours
- Must attend monthly staff meeting
- Will be required to complete Availability Agreement
- 21 years or older
- Must pass a thorough background check and drug screen
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Annual physical and TB clearance required
- Must have access to a computer and internet service and a current email address
How to Apply
Please apply for this job using our online application system. To do so, you'll first need to create a login account and choose a password.
If necessary, you may also submit resume and cover letter along with the application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (855) 317-6304, or mail to Pacific Quest, PO Box 540, Naalehu, HI, 96772